• Onex Partners IV acquires 42% of Ryan for US $317M
Onex Corporation (TSX: ONEX)'s Onex Partners IV acquired a42% interest in Ryan, LLC for US $317M with a valuation of US $1.1B
• HelloFresh to acquire venture-backed Chefs Plate for “tens of millions”
HelloFresh to acquire Acton Capital, Emil Capital, InvestEco Capital, Brand Project backed Chefs Plate for mid of "tens of millions" dollars
• Altas Partners acquires minority stake in H&F’s Hub International
Altas Partners acquired a substantial minority stake in Hub International Limited (Hub) from Hellman & Friedman (H&F)
• CDPQ increases Azure Power Global stake to 40.3%
CDPQ Infrastructure Asia Pte acquired additional 8M shares of Azure Power Global Limited (NYSE: AZRE) to hold 16,443,567 shares (40.3%)
• XPV Water Partners backs merger of Atlas Manufacturing and Screening Systems International
XPV Water Partners funded merger of Atlas Manufacturing Company, Inc. and Screening Systems International, Inc. to form ATLAS-SSI
• Rice Investment Group acquires minority stake in Cold Bore Technology
Rice Investment Group has acquired a minority stake in Cold Bore Technology for undisclosed amount
• PSG’s Patron Technology acquires Marcato Digital Solutions
Providence Strategic Growth Capital Partners' Patron Technology acquired Sydney, Nova Scotia based Marcato Digital Solutions Inc.
• Kepler Communications secures US $16M Series A led by Costanoa Ventures
Kepler Communications secured US $16M Series A funding from Costanoa Ventures, Deutsche Bahn's (DB) Digital Ventures, IA Ventures
• Eigen Innovations secures $3.5M financing led by Globalive Technology
Eigen Innovations raised $3.5M in August from Globalive Technology Inc. (TSX-V: LIVE), BDC Capital, NBIF Venture Capital Fund, Opportunities New Brunswick (ONB), and New Brunswick angel investors
• Paper Excellence Canada to acquire PE owned Catalyst Paper
Paper Excellence Canada Holdings to acquire Catalyst Paper from Oaktree Capital Management, Mudrick Capital Management, Cyrus Capital Partners and other shareholders
• Advent’s Williams Lea Tag acquires THP
Advent International owned Williams Lea Tag acquired Toronto based THP from founder Amanda Riva
• PE controlled Polycor acquires Indiana Limestone Company
TorQuest Partners, PNC Capital and Goldpoint Partners backed Polycor acquired Indiana Limestone Company from Wynnchurch Capital
• Fairfax and Torstar backed Blue Ant Media acquires Saloon Media
Fairfax and Torstar backed Blue Ant Media acquired Saloon Media to expand its North American production business
• TIMIA Capital invests $2M in FormHero
TIMIA Capital Corporation (TSX-V:TCA) provided $2 million investment facility to Toronto based FormHero Inc.
• PSP Investments sells minority stake to long-term partners
PSP Investments closed sale of minority stakes of Forth Ports Limited to GLIL Infrastructure (GLIL), First State Super, and Construction and Building Unions Superannuation (Cbus).
Click here to subscribe to the Private Capital Journal. PCMA members receive a 10% discount on all their subscriptions. Part of your subscription fee goes to support the PCMA.